Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama's Day

So, I just got off the phone with my mother (since today is Mother's Day). I really wish she knew that I was Wiccan already. We ran into a few topics where my perspective was confusing to her, since she doesn't know my religion or assumes to know it. It was awkward.

I've been role playing the Coming-out conversation a lot lately. I need to write it down the next time I go thru it. My goal is to, while being calm, gently and firmly explain what I believe. I know I'm going to have to firmly establish that it isn't a phase and that I won't be/shouldn't be talked out of it. Ugh. I think I set too lengthy of a time to ponder over this. I really want to get it over with, but I don't want to do it over the phone or via email. Would writing a letter be a good middle ground? I don't know. If you have thoughts, I'd welcome them in the comments section.

:-/

1 comment:

  1. Writing a letter is good middle ground. No matter how you do it, she is going to think it's a phase. Mine did. That is going to take time just for her to realize it isn't a phase and this is her daughter and her beliefs. Just be strong in them and strong in yourself. Be sure to shield and ask for protection. :)

    ReplyDelete