Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Book Review: Out of the Broom Closet


Out of the Broom Closet
Edited by Arin Murphy-Hiscock


I really enjoyed this book; it's a collection of fifty stories/essays on different individuals' coming-out-of-the-broom-closet-experiences. The book has a great variety of stories, from individuals coming out in Christian communities, coming out in Muslim communities, being accepted after coming out, being shunned after coming out, coming out as a teenager, midlife, or later in life. I was able to closely identify with some stories and with this great variety I was able to contrast my own experiences; which has been really useful in examining where I am in my current coming out process.

I think this book is a great read for any Pagan, but I think this is an especially useful book for people considering and planning to come-out.

It retails at: $12.95, but you can find it used or new for anywhere from $5-10 at Better World Books, Amazon, or Half.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment