Sunday, June 20, 2010

Busy Busy Litha!

Happy Litha!!

Happy Litha everyone. And it's a hot one here in Texas. I went to a public Litha ritual earlier today and I nearly died. I seemed to be the only one extrordinarily effected by the heat. I got very dizzy and ended up having to sit through the ritual. I very nearly passed out. :-/ I did enjoy what I got out of the ritual, but the heat was just murder on me.

Lessons Learned for Attending Public Outdoor Summer Rituals:
  1. Chug a bottle of water before leaving the house. A diet-coke on the way doesn't count.
  2. Eat breakfast and/or lunch before leaving the house. A rice cripsy treat on the way doesn't count.
  3. Bring a bottle of water to the ritual. And chug it.

Other things going on in my world. I've chosen my "major" to study for this year in my Coven. I'm studying shamanism. I've read a lot of great books so far:






Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation
by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman






Shamanic Journeying: A Beginners Guide

by Sandra Ingerman




and





Elemental Shaman


by Omar Rosales


No comments:

Post a Comment