Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goth Kids

My husband and I saw Scott Pilgrim last night. Enjoyed it quite a bit. It did make me miss my high school/college days when I used to wear all black and kept my look all dark and mysterious (I wouldn't say I was totally goth...I just leaned that way...heavily). The goth kids in South Park make me miss those days too (incidentally, the goth kids deserve a spin-off). Life was actually fairly easy when everything sucked, everything made you want to die, and everyday ended with a dark depressing journal entry with angsty poems and sad girls drawn in the margins. It didn't feel easy then, in fact, I remember feeling completely out of control, upset about that, and like I was doing the best I could. And that's how I felt after the goth period, and still now. The past few years the realization that things don't really change much has become stronger. The way the world interacts with us doesn't seem to change, we do. How we deal, think, treat others those things change. But, the same stuff still happens. Every time I'm in a job that has any sort of social element to it, I feel like I'm back in high school. I'm starting to think we need to expect more of high schoolers, because the way they interact socially seems to become the way they interact for life.

I didn't mean for this to be an "angsty" post. But I suppose it kind of went there (Still under the Scott Pilgrim influence?). Thoughts, comments, ideas?
--Renny

1 comment:

  1. DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Bass Battle!!

    Love the SP, Love goth Renny.

    ReplyDelete