Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Samhain!!

It's Samhain! All Hallow's Eve, Dia de Muerte, Halloween--doesn't matter the name, it's the most freaking awesome day of the year. I love this day. It takes me back to remembering my secret rites I used to practice as a teen living in my parent's house. I'd lock myself in my (rather large) bathroom, light candles, work my magic or just commune with the night. It's frequently foggy at night this time of year where I'm from and the atmosphere is unlike any of I've met since. It could have been conceived as creepy--but if you understood it, the fog and the cold night breeze were loving and gentle. The spirits and other-beings nearly visible in the deep midnight fog. It was magical and truly encapsulates my feelings on this holiday honoring the dead, the underworld, and the otherbeings.

No comments:

Post a Comment